Wednesday, January 9, 2013
A Canadian's Version of David Letterman's Top 10
Mike Kelly - Facebook
This sums it up folks.
HERE ARE THE TOP-10 "Only In America " observations ~ by a Canadian:
1) Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
2) Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America do they make people who have paid the fees and applied for American citizenship wait for years in their home countries before they are accepted while politicians and special interest groups discuss granting citizenship to those who have entered and live in the U.S. illegally.
6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
7) Only in America could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the profit as a % of sales of a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
Posted by Brett at 11:21 AM