Monday, February 27, 2012

Troublemakers and Dunderheads

Troublemakers and Dunderheads
Monday, February 27, 2012
by Burt Prelutsky

Sometimes, I’m amazed that I know as many decent, intelligent, law-abiding, people as I do. Because the fact is, a disturbingly large number of Americans are simply up to no good and should not be trusted anywhere near heavy machinery, sharp tools, voting booths or me.

For instance, look at someone like Sarah Palin, the woman with the most annoying voice in the world, who was rescued from anonymity by John McCain, and who, $20 million later, is scolding Republicans, including Sen. McCain, for not prostrating themselves at the feet of Newt Gingrich.

Then, for good measure, we had Herman Cain endorsing Mr. Gingrich. If only Mr. Cain could have convinced Bill Clinton and Mark Sanford to join him, Newt would have tied up the entire membership of the Political Hound Dogs of America.

Democrats insist that green energy is the hope of the world. Their favorite president cancels the Keystone XL oil pipeline on behalf of environmental fascists. But just how sincere are they? We see one federally-subsidized green energy company after another going bankrupt, taking billions of tax dollars with them. And do you know anyone who’s shopping for a Chevy Volt? Rich liberals talk a lot about their love of renewable energy, but even when I drive around Beverly Hills and Bel Air, where so many of them live, I don’t see solar panels on their roofs, and I mainly see SUVs and Mercedes sedans in their driveways.

For sheer lying power, you can hardly beat Al Gore, who has been lining his pockets with millions of dollars, repeating the same lie about global warming at least since 1997, which was the year when the earth started cooling down, as it has done periodically since long before the invention of the internal combustion engine. Talk about your inconvenient truths! Even the folks at the University of Anglia, which had been at the center of promoting the global warming hoax, now claim that we might be heading for a mini-ice age rivaling a 70-year temperature drop that saw frost fairs held on the Thames in the 17th century. So, gentlemen, start your engines. Everyone else, start burning oil and coal before we all freeze to death!

But when it comes to lies, it’s hard to beat homosexual males. In the 80s, they lied about AIDS being a major heterosexual problem in order to co-opt federal funding for medical research. Who cares about kids with leukemia? Let folks suffering with cancer, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, go fly a kite. These days, they rant and rave about same-sex marriages, but even in those woebegone states where judges and legislatures have shoved it down the throats of the people, the number of such marriages is negligible. And most of those involve lesbians.

For sheer audacity, possibly nothing compares to Tom Brokaw’s objecting to the Romney campaign using a segment from a 1997 NBC newscast in which he announced that the House Ethics Committee would punish Newt Gingrich for ethics violations. The reason he gave in voicing his objection is as funny as anything that’s been said on TV this year: “I do not want my role as a journalist compromised for gain by any campaign.” Everyone knows that this huckster for the Left had given up any pretense of being an objective journalist a long time ago. After all, he spent the 90s cheerleading for Bill Clinton; he ignored the story about John Edwards and his doxy long after the National Enquirer broke the news; and, finally, Brokaw carried so much water for Barack Obama in 2008 that, from outer space, he was often mistaken for Hoover Dam.

Joe Trippi pops up so often as a political pundit on Fox News that you might actually think he’s some sort of authority. The only thing he’s an expert at is losing elections. He has run presidential campaigns for Ted Kennedy, Walter Mondale, Gary Hart, Richard Gephardt, Jerry Brown, John Edwards and Howard Dean. Over the past 40 years or so, if you wanted to get rich betting on elections, all you had to do was find out which left-wing numbskull had hired Mr. Trippi. An interesting sidebar is that, he studied aerospace engineering for three years at San Jose State College before dropping out, 14 credits shy of graduation. But I guess it provided him with the all-important capacity to spot guys like Mondale, Brown and Howard Dean, space cadets with money to burn on inept campaign managers.

Hillary Clinton, whose business cards read “The Smartest Woman on Earth,” and whose mirror has been trained to say, “I swear you’re the fairest one of all!” was recently heard to say, “I looked around our world and I thought we are in just so many deep holes that everybody had better grab a shovel and start digging out.” Well, God knows we have enough shovels lying around going to waste, thanks to all those non-existent shovel-ready jobs Obama promised us three years ago, but if Secretary of State Clinton thinks that the best way to get out of a deep hole is to dig a deeper one, I think it tells us all we need to know about this administration’s brain trust.

For sheer stupidity, however, it’s tough to compete with those black Americans, including the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Muhammad Ali, who gave up their perfectly fine birth names, Lew Alcindor and Cassius Clay, in order to show their kinship with Arabs and Muslims. You have to wonder how anyone gets to be that dumb without getting an advanced degree in Stupidity.

I mean, did these numbskulls never pause to wonder how their ancestors became slaves in the first place? After all, the owners of Georgia cotton fields didn’t go to Africa and round them up. As for New England sea captains, they merely collected the unfortunate captives at African ports and sailed them across the Atlantic; they certainly didn’t wander into the jungle and chase them down. No, it was Arabs and Muslims native to Africa who handled that end of the dirty stick.

You know, those guys with names like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Muhammad Ali.
_____________________________________________

To read another article by Burt Prelutsky, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Edison, NJ 1 min ago

Those following this site can read my previous messages. I have been a part time lecturer in the Department of Communication for over 20 years. My rate your professor is 4.9 out of 5.0. I have had very high evaluations throughout my career. In 36 years of teaching Public Speaking on the University level I never had issues with a department until this past year. I was accused by an unnamed student of using my twitter and utube in class to teach. Several days ago the Home News Tribune had an article stating that this form of media is being used in all facets of education across the country. Why was I singled out? I was bullied and harrassed by the department chair at this meeting. Students in all my classes (I teach 3 in the fall, 2 in spring, 1 in summer) all wrote the chairman and the deans that they found what I did educational. As other professors do, I used my own textbook on Speech in addition to the required one. At this meeting I was also accused of selling it directly to students instead of through the bookstore. I immediately correctly that mistake. It now costs students an additional $15 (which the Rutgers bookstore makes in profit). I feel my book is better and so do the students.
I was yelled at, berated, harrassed and bullied. This was the first time this ever happened to me.
I was then asked out of the blue if I took the anti harrassment test which everyone has to take. Because I made a joke , I was harrassed some more. I took this test and passed in the past.
My summer course has been taken away from me without notice (I taught this for around 10 summers). I was not even given the moral courtesy of notification. I only found out through a student. All my classes are always filled to capacity and one needs special permission numbers to get in.
Now no one in the department will let me know if I am teaching this fall. This is a large part of my livelihood.
No one will reveal who this student was (if there was one). The only reason I can think of for a complaint would be that this student who dropped out after the first day of class was anti-Semitic. Why would a students present a written complaint against an instructor after one day of class? I am the only male teacher whom I know of who wears a skullcap every day in this department. I have been treated rudely as a clergyman. I have been the Rabbi of Congregation Beth El in Edison for 23 years.
I feel that this all began because of my religion.
Rabbi Dr. Bernhard Rosenberg