Monday, October 31, 2011

My Daughter's Decision


My Daughter's Decision

My daughter just walked into the living room and said "Dad, cancel my allowance immediately, rent my room out, throw all my clothes out of the window, take my TV, and stereo, and iPhone, and iPod, and my laptop. Please take all of my jewelry to the Salvation Army or Cash Converters. Then sell my new car, take my front door key away from me and throw me out of the house. Then disown me and never talk to me again.. And don’t forget to write me out of your will and leave my share to my brother." Well, she didn't put it quite like that.. she actually said...

"Dad I have decided to work for Obama's reelection campaign."
___________________________________________
For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I’m Really Proud of My Country
October 31, 2011 1:32 P.M. By Peter Kirsanow

. . . although, admittedly, it’s downright mean and we’ve lost our ambition and imagination and our willingness to do the things that built the Golden Gate Bridge and Solyndra, which are jobs Americans won’t do because we’ve gotten as soft as those underfed obese kids whose parents act as stupidly as a typical white person or the Cambridge police, who spend most of their time air-raiding villages and killing civilians in the Midwest, causing them to become bitter and cling to guns and religion and antipathy toward people who aren’t like Republicans, who, you may have noticed, are always making plans for dirtier air, dirtier water and people without health insurance, causing us to lose our competitive edge, which is why the unemployment rate has stayed above 9 percent for 27 of the last 29 months, resulting in more rapes, more murders, more chickens coming home to roost and less revenue to the federal treasury because the rich (except Warren Buffett) won’t pay their fair share in taxes – something that’s unpatriotic and unAmerican unless you’re one of the 47 percent of Americans who don’t pay any federal income taxes but believe in American exceptionalism, just like the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism and the Somalis believe in Somalian exceptionalism.

It’s a mediocre country but someone’s gotta govern it.

No comments: