Thursday, June 24, 2010

$50 Dollar Lesson


$50 Dollar Lesson

I recently asked my friends' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President. Then I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents, liberal Democrats, beamed with pride.

'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house, mow the lawn, sweep walks, pull weeds, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a house.

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, ' Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50? '

I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

Her parents still are not speaking to me.

4 comments:

Brett said...

Democrats = It's so hard to give away your own money but it's easy to give away other people's money, especially since most of it is republican's money.

Anonymous said...

Did you hear what happened with that homeless guy who always hangs around at the grocery store? He was a veteran who was depressed… did you ever notice he was missing a hand? Anyway, some local homeless drug addict stole his wallet with his food stamp card yesterday and he started raving about how he was gonna run for president and then put down all the Republicans if they didn't watch out. Then he pulled out a grenade and tossed it inside the store. A couple of people were mangled and some little girl holding a $50 bill in the candy isle was blinded. I heard her family doesn't have any health insurance, so she can't get the surgery that could save one of her eyes. The police haven't rounded him up yet, they're kinda short-staffed anyway. I think I saw him in someone's lawn plucking at perfectly good flowers and muttering to himself.

Brett said...

Are you sure you're not the guy muttering to yourself? Because you kind of sound like him. Anyway, get up off your lazy butt and go find a job.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your supporting the local homeless drug addict as well!