Tuesday, October 12, 2010

KEY NEW TESTAMENT(BIBLE)VERSES

KEY NEW TESTAMENT(BIBLE)VERSES

All Scripture is God’s Word and worthy of being memorized. However, since it’s not realistic to memorize it all, I’ve listed a few verses below from the New Testament that I believe would be helpful to know for your personal spiritual growth and as you have opportunity to share your faith with others. The ones marked with an asterisk (*) should be memorized first. –Pastor Dale

John 1:12 “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”

* John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

* John 14:6 “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

John 16:13 “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.”

Acts 16:31 “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved”

* Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

* Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 8:6 “The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.”

Romans 10:9-10 “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the death, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”

1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”

Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”

* Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. “

Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

1 John 1:7 “If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.”

* 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all sin.”

Revelation 3:20 “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”
____________________________________________________

IS THERE A GOD? Click here.

No comments: